Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SAP distribution game

I didn't make class the first Monday the game was initially started so i had to to be taught on the fly by my group members. I was on team N and we ranked first in the game, because we had the most profit and the least cost in the game. after the initial 2 rounds of the game we realized that we spent too much money on marketing in the first place and decided to decrease the marketing amount and add the money too the product that was selling. In Business profit is not all that matters, you have to deal with restocking and making sure you don't overstock an item especially one's not selling and that you have enough of the one's that are selling to meat customer demands. I think sales strategy is better because if it's planned correctly because it will give you the highest return and lowest cost. Obviously because we won i wouldn't change anything because we won at the, initially we should have spent less on marketing and more on our products. I learned that competitors can dictate you'r prices and ho much you can sell, also that market power influences what you spend and how you spend it

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree,creating any sales strategy, a company should always remember about competitors.

    ReplyDelete